Sunday, May 1, 2011

USA



I know I usually write about television shows, but I couldn’t help myself from posting about the killing of Osama Bin Laden. I just feel like I need to express my reaction and say something. Maybe this whole blogging experience really has grown on me more than I thought.

God Bless America. Justice has been served. While I know that he’s not the only bad guy out there, he certainly was the face of Al Qaeda and I’m thrilled after just about 10 years, we finally got him.

Its one of those things where I think for the rest of my life I will remember where I was when I found out this information. Interestingly enough, it relates to Millennial Media because it was social media that first allowed me to hear the information: Facebook to be specific. I think the sense of American pride that many others and I feel tonight is evident through numerous Facebook status updates and I just thought I’d share a few:

The hide and go seek champion of a generation is now dead...here we go America
Team America does it again! Nighty night Osama
USA.
God bless America
God Bless the U.S.A....justice has been served
WE KILLED BIN LADEN!!
we got him!!!

You get the idea. Clearly everyone is excited. People are arguing that it may end up being Obama’s biggest accomplishment in his presidency. It certainly was great hearing the news and while watching the Obama’s Press Conference with a few of my friends, I got Goosebumps thinking that we finally got him after all these years. While it seems weird to be so happy about someone’s death, I think its justified given the situation. Seeing all the random celebrations that seem to be popping up around the country and world for that matter, it really just makes you want to be with friends and family and for a minute appreciate this widespread feeling of national pride.

YES WE DID.

Here's a video of people celebrating outside of the White House:



http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/2011/05/01/bin.laden.vo.washington.crowd.cnn?hpt=T1

No comments:

Post a Comment